Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 22- Lakewood, Homecoming, Queen :)


YAYYYYEAAY YEAAAAH! Sorry about my excitement! I'm just so happy I don't even think I have stopped smiling yet! This blog will be kind of long just a fore warning. For the start of Friday, the spirit week day was Lakewood. I stayed at my friend Kelsey's house so she could braid my hair. Not just two braids, but about 34..


I received so many comments on my hair! I got to get out of school around 12 because I had to get the gym ready for the PEP ASSEMBLY! Our President was gone, so we were really kind of jumbled. Finally he showed up (he had tennis states in Portland) and everything was back to normal! Today we also voted for Homecoming Court. During the Pep Assembly, They called the court up to the front of our student body and we got introduced. Everyone waved and I got called last and I did a leg kick haha. I thought it was really funny.


Last night was the big night as you all know. I started out my night by rushing to the football field with Kelsey, Destiny, Shealin, and Aisha! I didn't get to wear my dress to the game because I was in the Homecoming skit! The skit went great and we won! It was pretty funny too! I'll share a video of it later on next week :) Then right after I was done with the skit I quickly changed into my dress, in the bathrooms at Unity Field. For those of you that know what Unity Field bathrooms are like, they're disgusting. All I can say is I've got dedication to my class, and I'll do anything even if I have to change in a nasty bathroom, haha.


All of the court members walked allllllllll the way across the football field at halftime. That was quite a jog, especially in heels. The handsome young man I was walking with happens to be a football player, so he was very sweaty. Very very sweaty. Also that means I did not get to sit with him on the field. After the football game is when they announced the winners. They announced King first, and it was Mr. Nicky Payne! Instantly when he got called I was very happy for him, but then he left my side to go receive his things and I was by myself. Yes, I was nervous. Then the principal announced Alexa Stanton. Instantly I threw my arms up to the crowd. There's a wonderful picture of it, click this to see it.


I got wonderful pictures with all my friends and family after the game. If you have me on facebook, you may have seen that my status said "has never felt so loved". This was because a friend of mine, Spencer Palmer made a sign for me that said WE <3 ALEXA. When I saw this sign as I was getting ready for the float skit I was very excited! When I walked out he held it up high and proud and I went over there and realized he brought markers and had the whole student section sign it. Also a lot of my family from Detroit came to watch! And other family members and I just want to say thank you to everyone!


Last night was the big Homecoming Dance. Best dance eva! Nick and I did our big king and queen royalty dance, haha. We danced to the song Without you by Chris Brown. We slow danced then busted out the fist pump when It got fast. I think we blew some peoples minds, they didn't know how to react! Haha. Hayden Ack Attack was the DJ and he did an amazing job. My date was Erik Musbach :). Dinner was great, the dance was great.



This past week has been one of the best weeks of my life. Maybe even the best week. My birthday was the best and I am very thankful for everyone that took part in it! Also for everyone that signed that poster. I love you all!

Thanks for reading today's post :)
-alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment