Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 48- opening day & car troubles.

I wanted to start off today's post with a cute picture of Sawyer from Saturday.

I didn't attend school today. I decided to go hunting. I woke up at 5am to the sound of my Dad's alarm. I wasn't supposed to get up until 5:30am so I layed in bed sluggishly for about 20 minutes. My Dad asked if I wanted to hunt together (him and I) or separately. I've hunted by myself one time, and I didn't like it very much. One of the main reasons is because I don't like cougars. I swear they're in Michigan, and none of you will make me think differently! Also, I like hunting with my dad. it's kind of like a bonding time for us I suppose.

So this morning, I did not get anything. I did shoot, only at a 4 point. Now I don't want anybody commenting or telling me "you're one of those people that shoots 1 yr old's and spikes and blah blah blah". I've seen enough of that on facebook today as is! I went in planning on shooting any buck that walked by. My reasoning for this is because I doubt I will be hunting again with my dad. There's another last.

Today was the last time I will be going deer hunting with my Dad.

Every opening morning since I was about 10 my dad and I have gone out on opening morning together, and the youth hunt. It does make me upset that we wont be doing this anymore. It's not that I am choosing not to, but for the next 4 years I will be in college and won't be able to.



I forgot to take a picture in my camo before I left this morning, so I just took a picture of what I wore to work. Nothing special, I didn't want to waste a good outfit :) not that work didn't deserve it!

My not so wonderful Dynaride

Funny thing happened to me today. My car has really been acting up lately. Here is a list of things that have gone wrong with it within the last 2-3 weeks.

  • Tape player no longer works.
  • Cruise no longer works.
  • Passenger side window won't roll down.
  • Center counsel won't stay closed.
  • Rearview mirror came off (that one I just had to slide back on, but for about a mile I had to hold it up myself)
  • Automatic lock system won't work 
Now let me tell you the downfalls to all of these things..
tape player: I can no longer listen to music I want to.
cruise: I speed like a mofo without realizing it.
window: If I want to roll down my window to talk to someone, I have to roll down the back one like a dunce.
center counsel: just annoying.
mirror: My arm got tired from holding it, haha.
lock system: I never lock my car because I don't want to put the key in it (call me lazy)

Lock system happened about a week ago. Today I went to Shell because I needed gas, and I was going to Danica and Derrica's to watch gLee so since I hadn't had dinner yet, I decided I'd get some Subway. I brought my Nook to work today, and I didn't want to take it into Shell, so for once, I decided to lock my car. I went in, got my subway and paid for my gas and went back out to my car. I put the key in and it wouldn't unlock. I turned it the other way, wouldn't unlock. I tried this quite a few times before thinking okay I'll just go to the passenger side to unlock it. So that's what I did. I unlocked it from that side and pressed the button. Went back over to the drivers side and the handle is now broken. 

I had to climb into the passenger side of my car in public today just to get into it.
There's another one added to the list!

Thanks for reading today's post.
-alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment