Sunday, April 29, 2012

PROM

Hello, and welcome to my Prom post. I will start right out with saying I had an absolute fabulous time. For those of you that don't know, I went to Prom last year, but sprained my ankle the night before, so I had to attend Prom on crutches. Not a pretty sight, trust me. This year I was so excited to go to Prom, injury free!


I will start by telling you how I was asked to Prom. I think it's cute, and it's meaningful to me, but may not be to someone else. Let me just say that I love sweet tea's from McDonald's! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I always go inside and put ice in all the way to the top of my Styrofoam cup, and then fill 'er up with sweet tea. Spencer knows this. When we were heading into Lansing, he stopped to get me a sweet tea. He told me he'd go inside because he knew how much ice I wanted and I thought that was nice. Hours later when we were done shopping, we were at his house. We had cosmic brownies and milk. He was holding onto my tea for a while, until he finally let me have the ice! I opened up the lid, and started eating it. A few minutes later, I noticed a wrapper in my tea. I looked at him and asked him what it was and he said he didn't know. I figured it was a Cosmic Brownie wrapper, and so I got "mad" and yelled at him to tell me what was in the cup. I grabbed what I thought was a wrapper out of the cup, only to find a plastic bag with a note inside that said, "Will you go to Prom with me?" and had a box that said yes, and a box that said no. Spencer put this note in the tea when we stopped to get it earlier that day. I thought it was very sweet.

I started my day out yesterday at CMU for our Spanish III competition! I was in the skit. We competed in 4 events, the skit, interpretive reading, song, and dance. We placed 1st in the skit, interpretive reading, and dance, and 2nd in the song! I bet Mrs. Roessler was quite proud :) Since we had to travel all the way to CMU that meant crunch time on getting ready for Prom. My mom, friend Kelsey, and I left CMU at about 12:30 which got us home around 2:15. I quick showered and the gal that did my hair & make up, Cyndi Johnson headed over. She got started on my hair and boy were we cutting it close! Spencer ended up coming over at 4:30 to pick me up, and I didn't have my dress on, or my make up all done yet, so he just had to wait outside :)

We went with a fairly large group to Prom, which I think just added to the enjoyment! There was 18 of us, which made it nice for pictures, and a fun time at dinner! We ate at the Twisted Rooster, and after our dinner 8 of us on one end of the table decided to get the dessert that 8 can eat! It was so good, best dessert I've ever had I think. The Cheesecake had a marshmallow topping that was about 3 inches high which was so creamy and sweet! I think everyone that had some can agree with me on this.


After dinner we headed to the dance, which was just awesome. I had such a good time with Spencer, and the rest of my group. We danced the whole night! There was also a photo booth there which we could go and take pictures all we wanted throughout the night, here are some fun ones we took :)



All around, my night was fantastic, and I owe a lot of that to Spencer Palmer. He was an absolute gentleman and I couldn't think of anyone else I'd like to spend my Prom with.


Thank you for reading today's post :)
-alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment