Monday, July 30, 2012

Sawyer's 1st Birthday

My brother has turned 1! His first birthday was on July 20, and his first birthday party was on the Saturday after. Over a month ago was my open house, and after planning a lot of that (color schemes, centerpieces, etc..) I wanted to plan another! I asked my mom if I could plan Sawyer's party and she said I could! Within a week I was searching Pinterest for cute ideas for the theme I wanted to go with. My little brother LOVES Elmo. So of course, I went with an Elmo theme! I found an idea for the invites on Pinterest.

 

Next I started searching for cake ideas. Meanwhile, my parents didn't know the theme until the day of the party so this is all fairly secretive. I wanted it to not only be a surprise for my brother, but for my parents as well. I wanted them to be able to enjoy the day instead of having to worry about food, and such. Here are some pictures of the ideas I had gotten from Pinterest.


I thought this was such a cool idea for a banner. We took pictures every month of how old he was, and I just thought this was too cute!








I loved planning this party. He was such a good little boy too! I am so blessed to have someone in my life that is this special to me. Sometimes, I get upset thinking about how my parents had waited to have another kid right before I was leaving, but other times I wouldn't have it any other way. It's such a great feeling to hear him say "sissy" and get excited when I come home already. I sure do hope he starts walking before I leave for MSU though!

 Here are some pictures from his actual birthday the night before!


Thanks for reading today's post.
-alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment